About our company:
Established in 1988, GMCG provides expert technical, legal, training and management consultancy for the shipping and offshore sectors. GMCG has offices and agents in more than 100 cities and ports around the world.
Global Maritime Consultants Group (GMCG) Egypt, a leading maritime consulting and engineering company, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Naval Architect to join our team at our Alexandria, Egypt office. As a Naval Architect you will perform the following tasks:
- Participate in Ship Design and Consultancy works
- Preparing detailed plans and drawings of the proposed vessel or structure, using computer-aided design (CAD) software or any advanced Software
- Ensuring that the design is economical and functional and that the vessel or structure is safe and seaworthy
- Preparing and checking calculations for strength and structural aspects
- Assessing what materials and equipment are needed and planning the construction process
- Obtaining materials and coordinating the construction, launch and trials of the vessel or structure
- Carrying out assessments and analysis including stability and hydrodynamics
- Working with engineers from other disciplines and managing build projects and the resources required to make sure it meets the budget and deadline
- Making sure that the work done meets required international safety and quality standards
- Specializing in one area, such as research and development, design, construction and repair or consultancy, or in several areas.
- To have B.Sc. degree in Naval Architecture/ Ship technology / Marine Design from a reputable University.
- To have at least 5 years experience in marine field
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Knowledge of Basic Ship Design with strong Engineering design skills:
- A logical approach to solving problems
- Good teamwork skills
- To communicate well with other engineering professionals
- To be able to give clear professional advice and technical support to customers
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Good computer skills
- Good organization skills to manage projects
- To be able to co-ordinate resources, and work within a budget and timescale
- To develop knowledge of legal issues and regulations, e.g., concerning safety
- Medically Fit to work both in onshore and offshore facilities.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled Naval Architect with the required experience and are interested in joining our team at the Alexandria office, please send your CV to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.