Assistant Manager Registration and Business Development
About our company:
Established in 1988, GMCG provides expert technical, legal, training and management consultancy for the shipping and offshore sectors. GMCG has offices and agents in more than 100 cities and ports around the world.
The Assistant Manager Registration and BD reports to the Manager of Registration/Business Development and ensures overall operations and process flow of department as per appropriate procedures. Conducting marketing visits as per management instruction and handling communication with department clients and ensure all their queries are addressed as and when required. Needs to maintain good relationship with appropriate flags and provide useful support and guidance to the Registration executives. Needs to ensure the departmental goals are achieved and keep a close check on jobs handled by registration executives
1. Legal Service Department
- Quote preparation for the registration of the vessels while receiving the enquiries
- Checking the availability of vessel names
- Updating the registration register.
- Documents cross checking for processing the registration of vessels
- Mail Correspondences with clients and Flag states.
- Issuing the registry certificates
- Scanning the documents and couriering
- Passing the required information to Accounts department for Invoicing
- Forwarding the circulars to the clients
- Imparting Training to team members as and when required.
- Annual Tax pending reminders
- Check the work done by Crew Department
- Verify the logs and reports prepared by Registration Executives.
- Preparing internal checklist for seafarers processing.
2. Business Development
- Find and develop new customer base.
- Work to develop relationships with Ship Owners/Operators, Professionals within the industry, Shipyards, Ship Agents, law firms, Insurance companies, bank etc.
- Take a lead role in Customers Relation Management System.
- Assist in developing marketing strategies and sales planning.
- Maintain regular visits to clients.
- Maintain a cordial relation with the existing clients.
- Implement marketing strategies instructed by management.
- Education – Graduate Degree (Degree related to Maritime Industry is preferred)
- Specialized knowledge – Microsoft Office Utilities
- Knowledge in Statutory Regulations, Ship Surveys, Ship Registration, Seafarer Documentation is preferred
- Skills – Good Marketing & communication skills (Verbal and Written), Organizing and motivational
- Professional Certification – NA
- Experience – 4 to 5 Years
LOCATION: Mumbai, India